I produce professional illustrations for both U.S. and international design patents, utility patents (aka non-provisional patents), and provisional applications.
I can work from any type of reference, including sketches, photos, CAD files, a description, or a physical model. After receiving the information I need, I will provide an exact price quote, a descriptive list of the figures to be produced, and a delivery date. I require a 100% up-front payment prior to beginning work. Drawings are delivered as a ready-to-file PDF via email.
I provide value in the following ways:
- Rather than having a fixed per-sheet (or per-figure) rate, I provide a custom quote for every project. If your drawings are simpler than average, they will cost less than average. This also means I won't shy away from complex figures that your application may need to have the best protection.
- I have developed a unique process, a perfect marriage between engineering and art, utilizing my professional CAD abilities. Using this process, I can create superior drawings in less time, allowing me to charge less and have faster turnaround times.
- I produce drawings that follow all requirements (USPTO and/or PCT/International), so your application doesn't get rejected.
- If the time ever comes that you need to enforce your patent, my drawings provide the best possible protection. They precisely match your product (directly referenced from 3D CAD files) to eliminate any potential discrepancy. I can create drawings that provide the broadest protection through strategic use of techniques, such as the use of broken lines to depict unclaimed portions, additional embodiments, environmental views, section views, detail views, texture and material representation, etc.
- Ready-to-file! Save time! You will receive high-quality (vector) PDFs with proper shading, line weights, margins, figure labels, lead lines, fonts, sheet numbers etc. that can be filed along with your application as-is. They will be sent as a single PDF and are ready to submit.
While every patent drawing job receives a custom quote, which greatly depends on the amount of work to be done, the following pricing can be used as a rough guideline. Typical costs average out to be around $60-$150 per figure. This means a basic six-figure drawing set might be $360-$900. It could be as low as $30 per figure for extremely simple drawings or edits of existing drawings, and $200+ per figure for complex drawings with special requirements.
Quick Turnaround Times
I will give you an accurate time estimate along with your price quote. Turnaround time for drawings is typically less than a week, with options for rushed services. Drawings are ready for immediate upload to the USPTO website.
I take pride in creating premium-quality work and making sure my clients' expectations are exceeded. In the extremely rare chance you aren't completely satisfied with the produced drawings, I will immediately take the action needed to make things right.
The following is a selection of recently published patents for which I created drawings. I never share my work until it is publicly available (which typically takes one to three years). Click the links below to open the published patents.
USPTO Design Patents
US D799,921 S - Collar Wrench
US D799,920 S - Breakout Wrench
US D798,919 S - Pipe Splitting Tool and Base
US D789,183 S - Cable Button
US D785,969 S - Self Draining Soap Dish
US D782,275 S - Double Latch Lever
US D782,274 S - Rear Gripper Latch
US D779,681 S - Staircase
US D779,572 S - Spur Handle Bursting Head
US D774,167 S - Front Manifold Lever
US D771,480 S - Caliper Crack Mark
US D767,007 S - Gear Box Cover Plate
US D767,006 S - Gear Box Cover Plate
US D765,922 S - Pet Mat
US D759,740 S - Gear Box Cover Plate
US D759,739 S - Gear Box Cover Plate
USPTO Non-Provisional (Utility) Patents
US 2018-0146721 A1 - Material Having an Expandable Portion
US 2017-0081887 A1 - Double Latch Lever Device
US 2016-0369514 A1 - Open Stair Case with Center Uncut Stringer
US 2016-0161383 A1 - Structural Crack Monitoring Device and Related Methods